Burma: Amoco e-maill address (fwd)

Newsgroups: soc.culture.burma
Subject: Internet Addresses direct from AMOCO...
Date: 11 Mar 1994 18:59:47 -0500

To All,
        I recently contacted AMOCO to express my appreciation
for their decision to pull out of Burma.  A WHOIS AMOCO gave
a single address for Michelle S. Miller (msmiller@xxxxxxxxx).
        Two days later, I was contacted by AMOCO's head of
customer relations, Mr. Richard Smith (312-856-5894 in US).
Mr. Smith informed me that mine was the first Internet mail
of this type, and the message had been read by all AMOCO
upper management.  They had never seen this type of public
support, and all of the upper corporate people were very,
very pleased about it.  Mr. Smith gave me the name and
Internet address of their head of international oil
prospecting, Mr. Don Overbey (ctsvmd.zdro01@xxxxxxxxxxxxx).
He gave permission to post these Internet addresses on
soc.culture.burma.
        I encourage all to take a moment and send at least
a short message to these people expressing your feelings
on this matter, I found out that AMOCO as a corporation
is interested, and will surely take notice of internet
mail messages such as the one I wrote.
                                Randy Phillips
                                randy.phillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx