Tourism in Burma

Hello.  I'm not sure if this is relevant to this group, but I wonder what
you all think about visiting Burma as a tourist.  While I'm aware of the
government's repression, I don't know if that should preempt my visit or
not.  Surely it was contact with Westerners, Americans in particular, that
fueled the democracy movement in China.  On the other hand, the money that
tourists spend in Burma contribute to the economy that is ruled by the
undemocractic regime.  So what do you think?  I have the Lonely Planet
guidebook to Myanmar, and was thinking of visiting Rangoon, Mandalay,
Bagan, and perhaps some other places.  As of today, tourist visas are
available for 4 weeks, up from the previous 2 week limit.

Mike at IIEC