Travel in Burma (r)

/* Written  8:38 pm  May 29, 1994 by michaelw@xxxxxxxxxxxx in igc:soc.cult.burma */
/* ---------- "travel in Burma" ---------- */
My partner and I are planning to travel to India & Nepal,
from Australia, probably next January. We may decide to
spend a week or so in Myanmar as well.
Can anyone help us with
information regarding flights to Myanmar from India or
Nepal (e.g., prices, airlines, etc).  Also, we would like
information on accommodation.  We are hoping to avoid
expensive hotels if possible, and would prefer anything
from backpacker to medium-range accommodation.
Is there anything like campus accommodation in Myanmar?
What is the present situation regarding tourist safety?

Thanks to anyone who may be able to help

Michael Willemyns
michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Queensland
Brisbane, Australia