Karen Cease Fire

/* Written  2:35 am  Jun 14, 1994 by atiah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in igc:soc.cult.burma */
/* ---------- "Karen Cease Fire" ---------- */
This is the latest news I have received from a friend on the boarder of
Burma and Thailand regarding the Karen cease fire talks.

"At the moment our leader stopped negotiating with SLORC because even
SLORC said they'll have cease fire with us they still send troops more
and more in boarder line."

"Our leader wants to have true cease fire with them but we know
SLORC can use this to gain international respect and get aid from other
countries."

"All the tribes in Myanmar (Burma) had been stopped fighting
except the Karen and ABSDF groups. They is still fighting in front line
and some time near Headquarters (Manerplaw)."

"SLORC started to send out ammunition and food (to troops), arrested
thousands of porters (local villagers) and send them to front line."

Regards
atiah....