8th Aug. rally in Washington,DC

                  Democratic Burmese Students' Organization (USA)
             P.O.Box 91, Rockville, MD 20851, Tel./Fax. (301)770-7416

                                                                       August
6, 1994
Dear friends of Burma,

        The 8th of August is an unforgettable for all of us. Six years ago on
Aug. 8, 1988, the human rights abuses by the Burmese military regime came to
a boiling point when it brutally gunned down thousands of innocent people in
Burma. In fact, it triggered the public awareness of the pervasive human
rights abuses of the government and became the nationwide uprising against
the regime.
        We, the members of DBSO(USA), are preparing to call the day by
rallying in front of the Burmese embassy and denouncing the notorious regime.
We will also have a memorial service at Burmese Buddhist temple for those who
sacrificed their lives for democracy and human rights in Burma.
       Therefore, I would like to invite you to come and join with us for
this unforgettable day.

Thank you very much.

Date:      August 8, 1994 (Monday)
Place:     In front of the embassy of Burmese regime
              2300 S Street, NW
              Washington, DC 20008
              (3:00pm - 4:00pm)