Information Request

************************** BurmaNet **************************
"Appropriate Information Technologies, Practical Strategies"

The following request was posted to the soc.culture.burma newsgroup by David
Terner.  If someone has a good bibliography and the time to upload it, please
send a copy to Mr. Terner and if possible, forward a copy to
strider@xxxxxxxxxxx and I'll post it to the net.

Thanks.

+++++++++++++

Help, please -info on Burmese groups.
soc.culture.burma
11:45 AM  Sep 13, 1994

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone out there has information as to how
I should go about trying to find information on the Russian and then Chinese
support of insurgency groups in Burma. I am focussing on this topic in my
Senior Thesis at Claremont McKenna College, and although I shall take
advantage of the FBIS, and shall perform an extensive search in the library,
I wonder whether any of you might steer me towards articles, books, or
sources of information that would help me collate a reliable record of the
different insurgency parties, and their backing...I know that there exist a
number of ethnic subgroups in Burma that are not exactly enfranchised by
the government, some even with their own languages...I would greatly, repeat,
greatly appreciate ANY and all help in this area.
David I.G.Terner

Please respond to: dterner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx