Politics and SCB (r)

>/* Written 3:51 PM Dec 1,1994 by HISPAW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in igc:reg.burma */

>Gee, Iam a student in Australia. I can't imagine how anyone could be pro
>slorc and be a decent human being. They are using slave labour, they
>didn't let an elected govt take office, they shot hundreds in the streets.

You will be very surpise that there are SLORC supporters, very surprise. I
know alots burmese who cozy up to SLORC. I even know of an american man
who is married to a burmese woman who said releasing ASSK will sure cause
problem. Thus, she should be help under house-arrest forever. Needless to
say, I've had an argument with him. He has some kind of little shop in
Mandalay making hats which he imports to US. He is a member of Amnesty too!!!.

>From AUstrlia
>Phil West
>pS, I am very interested in the issue of forced labour on the railway/gas
>pipeline. Can anyone post me some info on this? I am new to the list and
>missed earlier info. Also, the slorc has said that people willingly
>"providing" their labour for the benefit of "the state" is part of
>Burmese culture. Is there any truth to this???? How about the use

Yes- it was spoken my SLORC's Forigen Minister Ohn Gyaw. It was
posted to the Net. Perhaps, you can check the article on the archive.

>of porters in the army and sex slaves??

There are numerous reports of such cases where women get gang-raped
during the net and forced to carry supplies during the day.