Starbucks boycott? Yes or no?

Date: Sun, 11 Dec 1994 19:17:53 -0500
To: geronimo.g.tagatac@xxxxxxxxxxx, tlandon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
    Peck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, baflamm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pattonk@xxxxxxxx,
    kkilday@xxxxxxxxxxx, schmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wcsbeau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Starbucks boycott? Yes or no?

To all supporters of the Pepsi boycott:
   The Pepsi-Burma Boycott Committee has been gathering comments on whether
Starbucks should face some kind of boycott because of its joint venture with
Pepsi.
   There appears to be a consensus that the joint product should be boycotted
and that Starbucks should be asked to publicly disassociate itself from
Pepsi, but Starbucks overall should not face a total boycott at this time.
PBBC would like to add to that list a request that Starbucks not allow the
joint product to be distributed in Burma.
   PBBC speaking on its own behalf is ready to call for a boycott as outlined
above. Our committee does not have any overall authority regarding the Pepsi
boycott but we hope this action will be supported by other boycotters. In the
interest of maintaining a consensus, however, this mailing is being sent out
as a final notice before we go public on the issue. If anyone has a reason
for PBBC not going ahead as outlined, please email or call (503) 234-2893
before Dec. 15. The announcement is planned for Dec. 17.
  Unless you hear otherwise, please plan to publicize/act on the boycott
yourselves anytime after Dec. 16. We think this can be a very useful tool in
educating people as well as showing Pepsi the consequences of its actions. We
look forward to the chance to create a wedge in Pepsi's linking of companies
and products.

OTHER MATTERS:  This is the first mailing from PBBC that many of you will
receive. If you do not want to be on this list, please let us know and we'll
remove your name. If you want your address concealed so it isn't repeated in
everyone's email, we can do that as well. If you know anyone who might want
to be added, have them email their request to us.

Good luck in your work, and for a Free Burma,
The Pepsi-Burma Boycott Committee