Burmese Army's motto

 >From: strider@xxxxxxxxxxx
 >Newsgroups: soc.culture.burma
 >Subject: New Light of Myanmar #2
 >Date: Fri, 30 Dec 1994 21:56:50 -0800 (PST)

 >SPECIAL ISSUE: NEW LIGHT OF MYANMAR--SELECTED ARTICLES #2

 >THE NEW LIGHT OF MYANMAR is a government-run daily
 >English-language newspaper in Burma.

 >It is published by the New & Periodicals Enterprise, Ministry of
 >Information, Union of Myanmar. Edited and printed at The New
 >Light  of Myanmar Press, no 22/30 Strand Road at 43rd Street,
 >Yangon.  Cable Newlight PO Box No. 43, Telephones: Chief Editor--
 >73202,  Deputy Chief Editor--86527, Editors-- 96115,

 >Mottoes of the Day:

 >DHAMMACARIYA CA, LAWFUL CONDUCT; THIS IS THE WAY TO
 >AUSPICIOUSNESS.

 >THE TATMADAW HAS BEEN SACRIFICING MUCH OF ITS BLOOD  AND SWEAT TO
 >PREVENT DISINTEGRATION OF THE UNION. ALL  NATIONALITIES OF THE
 >UNION ARE URGED TO GIVE ALL CO- OPERATION AND ASSISTANCE IN THIS
 >GREAT TASK.

 >[The Tatmadaw is the Burmese army.  This motto appears daily in
 >the New Light of Myanmar---BurmaNet]

This motto is completely backward. It should be corrected as

 THE TATMADAW HAS BEEN SACRIFICING MUCH OF *Burmese people* BLOOD  AND SWEAT TO
 further DISINTEGRATION OF THE UNION.

That is what one of the SLORC's defector who fled to the border. He was
assigned to guard the crematorium while Tamadaw was shooting the civilians
durting 1988 protests. He said there were many wounded who were burned alive.
Crematorium broke after 3days of continuous burnings. Then, the bodies
were taken to the alligator firm, chopped up and fed to the alligators. When
alligator no longer consume their feeding, the bodies were loaded onto
two barges and sunk in the sea. Incrediably enough, this exact story was told
to two friends of mine who visited the same camp I went to and one of them,
a journalist, got it on the video tape which I had to translate for
production.

So -- if you belive this

 "THE TATMADAW HAS BEEN SACRIFICING MUCH OF ITS BLOOD  AND SWEAT TO
  PREVENT DISINTEGRATION OF THE UNION. ALL  NATIONALITIES OF THE..."

bull____, I'll can sell you a Golden Gate bridge.

Ct