Statement of Detained Students

               The Statement of the Detained Burmese Students in SDC

Up to now, we, six Burmese students, all of whom are from various Burmese
students organizations based in Bangkok, have indeefinately detaining here in
Special Detnetion Center without any trail for over 14 months. In that case,
we have repeatedly appealed for legal trial in the court to be made in
accordance with the Thai law. But no responses is received up to now. However,
 we issue this revelational events statement aiming relevant organizations
and top official to be well-known about our real events and take action on
our case accordingly.

1) We were schemingly arrested by the special police force deemed to be
prepared before while attending Human Rights seminar held on 3-12-93 as
delegates of Burmese students organizations of SFT (Students Federation of
Thailand), and SCHRB (Students Committee on Human RIghts in Burma).

2) We were detained in IDC following the raid, it was as Thai immigration
law. But after we were transferred to here SDC on 4-2-94, we realized to have
been incarcerated with unknown length of Thai Ntional Security Council Act.
We have never been arranged any trial at the court up to now.

3) In reality, we are pro-democracy activists, who strictly adhere to the
peaceful political methods in dismantling Burmese dictatorship to restore
democracy and peace in Burma. And also we never had any commitment of such a
violent act to jeopardize to be smooth the good relationship between Thailand
and international community. We have never broken Thai law during the whole
course of temporarily taking refuge in Thailand. However, ever if Thai
authority suppose us of violating some elements Thai existence law, we should
be arranged in the court with international accepted law.

4) But if it is found that Thai authority basically could not produce any
sufficient or hard evidences to back it indictment on us violation some
elements law in Thailand, the injustice indefinte detention without any arrang
ement in legal court will be shamefully respected as "doubtful virtue" on
democratically elected ruling democratic party's on democracy and its barge
of respecting and honoring an universal human rights declaration of United d
Nations.

5) We manifestly find that even though incumbent UNHCR of Thailand  could be
grant us humanitarian assistance after formally recognizing as refugee
status, it couldn't bring any problem of most Burmese students under it
control to the justice. Moreover we sadly find that international human
rights watch-dog organizations as calmly stand along about our case.

6) The authority always oppress on our faultless real events expression
attempt and strictly ban on contracting with outside colleagues students.
Moreover, unlike other inmates, we only Burmese students are prohibited
access equal deserts right of prisoner being detained in her SDC, but we somet
ime receive intermittent permission to meet with visitor.

However, we detained Burmese students, who honor, cherish and pay high-cost
for righteousness, strongly and firmly oppose Thai authority's continue
treatment on us. At the same time we issue this revelational events statement
and emphatically demand Thai authority to immediately solve our case on
ground of human rights.

Detained Burmese Students in Special Detention Center