FutureWork and Burma (r)

> >> People who do not
> >> participate in revolution just focus on their daily lives and improvement of
> >> their living without considering fair or unfair way of making money. Mostly
> >> those kind of people are foreign immigrants such as Indians and Chinese.
>
> >You know, this is not necessarily true. My grandparents are Chinese, but
> >my mother almost got shot saving some students' lives. My mother worked
> >at the Thai-Burmese border with the student groups, and our family is
> >totally devoted to Burma. I know many other "chinese immigrants"
> >who are as devoted for the country as "Burmese", if not more.
>
> >Pwint
> Dear Pwint:
> 	As I expected such point can be made in my posting, I am ready to say I
> don't mean to single out such honorable citizens. I am trying to find the way
> that can help Burma-born deserved citizens to get justice and fair share of
> life in Burma. There are also some Burmese especially who are imbued and
> satisfied with SLORC ideology say "I cannot take care of my aunt's cows, being
> eating my own rice" as Burmese saying goes. It is very certain that we have to
> face the problems such that there are many Chinese in Mandalay and northern
> Burma who took the opportunity by cooperating SLORC. They have been buying
> almost the whole part of Mandaly. They are just opportunity-takers. We have to,
> including Burmese citizens like you, have to think that it cannot be tolerated
> in terms of justice.
> 	I think you have misinterpreted upon my lack of more clear explanation.
> I cannot personally let Burmese(100%), who are military elites and its followers
> getting and collecting property, have as they are just because they are Burmese
> too. They all have to face the future policy or laws of democratic Burma. I am
> trying to find what sort of policy, and laws can help to settle justice in
> Burma in order to help all deserved Burmese.
> 	Thanks,
> 	Tun Myint

Hi,
I am new to this discussion. I am a chinese decent from Burma. I think
the way Mr.Tun Myint describe is extremely unfair as chinese and indians
in Burma are all opportunitist and they are earning money in unfair way.
Also such as"100% Burmese". I think this is racist. Like my family have
been the fourth generation in Burma and they have contributed to the
country since their arrival. As they became
Burmese citizens and they lived and died in Burma. Their wealth is
Burma's wealth. I believe they should be perceived as Burmese regardless
of ethnic origin as there are many ethnics minority in Burma. I don't
think it is fair to decide who get more priveledge by the time of
ancestral migration to Burma. My father and mother were all born in Burma
and lived their lives through Burma. Burma is their country and they are
Burmese Citizen. Their property is Burma's property. They may look
chinese but have nothing to do with China. To deny their right is
unjustice and narrow minded. Thanks.

Soon.