Burma's Development under SLORC! (r)

Subject: Re: Burma's development under SLORC!

>From:	PO2::"74750.1267@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" "Betty Morse"  4-MAY-1995 16:43:39.67

>Subj:	Re: Burma's Development under SLORC!

>Your articles are well thought out! You see the real issues, and I am
>happy that you are speaking out now.

	Thank you very much for your words and I am glad there are people out
there like you care the people of Burma.

>	What do you think about NGOs going in to do medical or educational
>work? I am thinking about trying it. Please give me advice, ok?
>	I really feel shocked about the Mons and Karens recent sufferings
>after trying so many years to get free.
>	Keep writing. I appreciate it.  Betty Morse

	I think the time for NGOs is very appropriate and favourable to
approach Burma's issues much more closely than before.  They should certainly
go for what you said "medical and educational" purposes. If NGOs are dettered
by SLORC or Thai government, then it is great reason to rebute those two
government's inhumane acts to those poor and innocents refugees.  Then NGOs can
step up and show the international community to stand for those poor refugees.
I greatly support your idea of thinking to do such. This recent crisis is the
concrete evidence that SLORC is not thinking to restore peace and prosperty of
Burma, instead they are increasing killing and atrocities by the help of
new-born reputation given by those of their partners who care to do unethical
business in Burma by exploring the weakness of it.
	Thanks
	Tun Myint