another anti-SLORC joke

Actually, I was told of this a long while before SLORC seized power sometime
back in the early 80's.

Japanese premier was on a State visit to Burma. On his way from  the airport
looking out his limo, he saw vast rice fields, rubber plantation,etc..
and said to Shu Maung, "if we were to lead a nation like yours which has
planty of land, low population and vast natural resources, it will become
a number 1 nation in Asia within 5 years". Then Shu Maung (Ne Win) immediately
retorted, "if we were to lead a number 1 nattion like yours, it will be
a poorest nation within 5 years"

Ct
Ps: I am sure one can substitute subsequent Shu Maung's stooges and the point
    still remain. What do you expect when a bunch of Losers are running a
    country.