July 20 1995

>From john@xxxxxxxxxx

"Now, as for the desperate situation in Burma, I've already suggested
organizing an International Aung San Suu Kyi day to our local NCGUB
office. Everyone seems to like the idea, but no one has actually done
anything to promote it. Coordination and teamwork seem to be lacking in
this resistance movement."

I agree that there should be some coordination for Aung San Suu Kyi's
sixth year of house arrest. I do not believe that the SLORC will
release her. I suggest that we, in part, use this forum to publicize
events.

The Massachusetts Campaign for a Free Burma is planning an event on
Saturday, July 22. We chose Saturday to maximize turnout.

We will meet for a candlelit vigil at the Cambridge Common before
marching to a nearby church for a video about Suu Kyi, slides and
Burmese food. Our goal is to educate people who don't know much about
Burma or Suu Kyi. We will also have petitions, information on
upcoming actions in Massachusetts etc to get people more involved
over the coming year.

Last year, 50 people attended a candlelit vigil for Suu Kyi outside
the Massachusetts Statehouse. We reckon this year we can attract
50-100 people.

If people would like more information about the Massachusetts event,
contact me.

I am also in touch with other Burma action groups worldwide with whom
people could hook up.

Just email or call me.

Simon Billenness
Franklin Research & Development