STATEMENTS ON THE 33RD ANNIVERSARY

Subject: STATEMENTS ON THE 33RD ANNIVERSARY OF THE JULY 7TH MARTYRS

                               ABSDF
                 ALL BURMA STUDENTS' DEMOCRATIC FRONT

              LONG LIVE THE SPIRIT OF THE JULY 7th MARTYRS

                                            Date: July 6, 1995.

On July 7th 1962, four months after the military coup by General
Ne Win, hundreds of students demonstrating on the campus of
Rangoon University were brutally killed by soldiers of the
military regime. The students union building, a historic symbol
since the period of the anti-colonial movement, was blown up by
the military and completely destroyed.

Today is the 33rd anniversary of that magnificent 7th July 1962,
the day of the scarifying of the students who were willing to
give their lives for democracy in Burma.

The students have always been at the forefront in the struggle
for democracy in Burma, ever since the anti-colonial and anti-
fascist freedom and human rights movement in Burma begin.

For many years the military dictators have been oppressing and
killing their own people, while the students have continued their
heroic  struggle for democracy and human rights.

It is now more than 33 years since the military seized power in
Burma against the will of the people. They continue their
oppression, now creating false cease-fires with the ethnic
groups, continuing the house arrest of Aung San Suu Kyi, 1991
Nobel Peace Prize winner and holding a sham "national convention"
to create an undemocratic constitution.

We the students, ABSDF, have been fighting against the military
dictators, "blade to blade", continuing the heritage of historic
student martyrs struggling for the liberation of the people from
military rule.

There is no alternative way to grasp democracy and human rights
for our people but to eradicate the military dictatorship in
Burma. We firmly believe that to achieve democracy in Burma we
must use all means at hand.

We call on all the people of Burma to:

1. Celebrate the spirit of July 7th;
2. Fight for the release of Aung San Suu Kyi;
3. Oppose false cease-fires;
4. Refuse to support the sham "national convention".

Down with the military dictatorship in Burma.

Central Leading Committee
Headquarters, ABSDF

                      8888 GROUP (JAPAN)

               STATEMENT ON 33rd ANNIVERSARY OF JULY 7th.

                                                      Date. July 6 , 1995

Along the history of Burma, students have always been fighting at the front
role in the struggles for democracy and human rights, ever since anti-colonial
and anti-fascist movements.

On March 2nd, 1962, military coup by General Ne Win killed hundreds of
students, who peacefully demonstrating for democracy in the Rangoon University
campus on July 7th, 1962, and destroyed the students union building
completely, a historic symbol of anti-colonial movements. Now, today is the
33rd anniversary of opposing military dictatorship by the blood of the
students.

At the greatest prodemocracy movement in 1988, we, Burmese students continuing
the heritage of historic student martyrs fought against the military
dictators.

We, 8888 group (Japan) which was born of 88 prodemocracy uprising, and
continuing the spirit of the student martyrs, have been fighting military
dictatorship, hand in hand with our comrade brothers who cooperating in
different countries.

Dear overseas brothers and friends,
Dear comrades in Burma,

We call on all the people inside and outside of Burma:

1. Long live the spirit of the July 7th;
2. Fight for the release of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi;
3. Oppose cosmetic peace;
4. Refuse to support the sham "national convention";
5. Democracy must be achieved;

Down with the military dictatorship.

8888 GROUP
(JAPAN)