Racism and Democracy in Burma -Repl (r)

Subject: Re: Racism and Democracy in Burma -Reply

Dear Net-readers
	It comes to my attention to make a reply to Ruth Marshall as follow.

Ruth Marshall <MARSHALR@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Subject:  Re: Racism and Democracy in Burma -Reply

>It is clear to me, as a completely neutral and usually
>passive observer, that TMYINT's contribution to this
>debate was racist, apologist, and offensive in the extreme.
>He clearly appeared to justify pogroms against races he
>described as "non-Burmese."  His increasingly frantic
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~
	I replied in one of the previous posting that I did not wish to go on
this issue further. However, it seems that Ruth Marshall wants me to get my
finger on it. I recall the usage of "non-Burmese" in the "LETTER OF
INVITATION" that I posted on June 27, 1995 in this net, and it was signed by
Dean Kenneth A. Rogers of International Services at Indiana University. I
drafted that letter based on his and many of my colleges' suggestions. However,
I will take oath that I am very responsible for it. If you are morning for the
usage of that as a "racist", then I ask you the following questions:

	1. What should I refer to those who are not Burmese citizens? (Ps.
Burmese means all the citizens of Burma. If you want more clarification, please
understand as people refer Japanese as citizens of Japan, Americans as citizens
of America and etc...).

	2. Should I refer to those people as Foreigners? (I feel using the
word "foreigner" is much more far separation than using the word "non-Burmese."

        3. According to your picky accusation on the usage of "non-Burmese",
doesn't your view suggest usage of such is racist? If so, I got to refer to all
U.S government's INS and other forms in which races are dexcribed as "Black",
"Hispanic" and "Asian" etc?

	For all sake, I close this debate by asking your excuse that I will not
make any reply on such kind of issues further unnecessarily because it will
never end until we reach bordeeless international community with regard to
geographical and racial lines.
	Thank you.
	May you all Healthy and Happy with the news of the release of Daw Aung
San Suu Kyi. I pray for all political prosoners to be released and Burma be a
free society soon to enjoy our debates that will positively treat future of this
humankind.
	Tun Myint.

*************************All what you quoted and wrote follow**************

>>> <TMYINT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 1:40 amMonday, July
10, 1995 >>>

John Morton <john@xxxxxxxxxx> quoted:
> 	Keep in mind that not everything that BSPP and
SLORC have done are
> wrong. There are certain things we ought to respect on
what they have done.

And John Morton wrote:
  >Dear Brother Tun Myint,
  >I am rather surprised to hear this sort of support for the
>institutionalised racism of the Burmese fascist
dictatorships coming from
>you. I have always valued your posts and respected your
opinions, so it  >is difficult to imagine what would cause
you to take such a position.

	My reply begins here:

Dear Bro' John Morton:
	Thanks for your long comments. I must say what you
have reply me in such accusational manner is a very
misleading one on my works. And what you  have read my
mind based on my reply to Mr. K. Kay is totally wrong.
Your reply  is based on deeply rooted narrow mind and
one eye-sided veiw.  I have never sugested that I support
what you called "Burmese fascist dictatorships." I want to
suggest that please don't make such sneaking attack on
any other freedom fighters because it is suggesting to walk
on narrow "Road to Freedom in
Burma." Moreover, it is the most dangerous idea to be an
extremist in this modern world in which we should not hold
an extremist view on anything. If we are subjected to be
that way, all Burmese have to kill English and Japanese as
a revenge to English and Japanese fascist actions during
WWII and during
English colonial times in Burma: All native Indians have to
kill all European  whites settled in North America as a
revenge to Europeans' brutal hunting  against
native-Indians in America so on and so forth around on
this planet.
  >Perhaps you have a rational reason for such a
statement. If so, you had  >better put it out for all to see. If
not, please limit this kind of trash  >to soc.culture.burma,
or to your private e-mail. Kendrick Kay's comments
>certainly relate to Burma, so you had better make more
of an effort to  >answer them rationally if you intend to
maintain your public credibility.

	The reason why I replied to Mr. K. Kay is because I
thought Mr. Kay is suggesting that 1967 Burmese-Chinese
riot is relevant to 33rd Anniv. of July  7th. Second, I
pointed that "not everything" that BSPP and SLORC did is
wrong because it it "true" in some sense. Third, "certain
things" should be respects is because it is also "true" in
some sense. I have optimistic rahter than pessimistic view
on my enemy.  More importantly, I hate lies.

>As to the content of your comments on the Chinese:
After a year of working
>with student, ethnic, and political groups on the Thai
border and in
>Bangkok, I have come to understand to some extent why
the the resistance
>movement has such a difficult time uniting against such an
obvious evil as
>the SLORC. In part, it is because there is irrational
hatred and racism
>latent in all of us. If we fail to rise above our own
weaknesses, the
>enemy happily uses that failure to support its own
position. Every time we
>curse each other, we are doing the fascist's business.
Please do not let  >the enemy seduce you, Brother Tun
Myint.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
	If I am such kind of man, I will not..... you need to
learn more about me. (I zap here on behalf of my living
parents, brothers, sisters and relatives who are taking the
cause of me under brutal oppressive military regime-
SLORC in Burma).
	I won't make any reply on the following passages
because I don't want  to waste my time since everyone
understands it. If you want to hear much more  clarification
from me, please continue reading this net. I will
occasionally  contribute my thoughts, my feelings, and my
doings in this net.
	I deeply thank you. Finally, I would like to conclude
the whole cause of this topic by suggesting that you should
change your way of teaching methods,  especially teaching
"HISTORY" which can be taught as a subject to change
the  future or as a subject to go back to the past.
	Brotherly yours,
	Tun Myint.
_______________________All your reply
follows______________________________
>In our situation, we have the great good fortune to have a
living example
>of politics based on a genuine love for all the people of
Burma. So let us
>please think of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, and of all the
people suffering at the
>hands of a regime that most certainly does not care
whether anyone outside
>its small circle lives or dies, before we start turning the
guns on each
>other.
  >Otherwise, all the goodwill from all the people in all the
countries of the  >world will not suffice to bring peace and
freedom to Burma.
  >As for your comments about grammar in the posts,
please note that it would
>be helpful to our cause if our publications were in the
clearest and most
>readable English. This is not to ignore the great efforts
made by Burmese
>students and others to communicate in a language that is
not their native
>tongue. I'm sure that there are many people (myself
included) who would be
>happy to proofread any documents before publication.
  >Lastly (since I am posting this letter to the BurmaNet), I
would like to  >welcome brother Kendrick Kay to our
group. I hope he will add his own unique  >perspective to
the daunting task of bringing democracy and prosperity to
>all the people of Burma.
  >Sincerely,
  >John Morton
  >["Another Schoolteacher for Love and Truth on Planet
Earth"]