STATEMENT ON THE RELEASE OF DAW SUU

Subject: STATEMENT ON THE RELEASE OF DAW SUU(EXILE BURMESE STUDENTS-BANGKOK)

                    EXILE BURMESE STUDENTS (BANGKOK)

              STATEMENT ON THE RELEASE OF AUNG SAN SUU KYI

                                              Date.July 10, 1995

We welcome that the release of Aung San Suu Kyi, 1991 Nobel Peace Prize
winner, who has been leading for democracy and human rights in Burma. We
recognize that it is a constructive development for the democracy and human
rights in Burma.

We strongly demand the following points for the current political, social and
economical crisis in Burma:

1. To release all political prisoners unconditionally:

2. To launch a tripartite dialogue between democratic forces and the Slorc
including ethnic resistance groups for genuine peace in Burma.

3. To recognize the result of 1990 May election by the establishment of
coalition government led by Aung San Suu Kyi.

We call on international community and governments to pressure on the Slorc
with effective actions until the military generals realize for restoring of
genuine democracy and human rights in Burma again.

                                         EXILE BURMESE STUDENTS
                                               (BANGKOK)