Call US Senator Mitch McConnel to s

Subject: Call US Senator Mitch McConnel to support his Burma Bill!

Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 17:59:21 +0630
To: tun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Would you please post the following?

RE:  Testimony submitted by Khin Ohmar,a Burmese student activist, at
Senate Hearing (July 24, 1995)  (See today's, i.e., 7/24/95 soc.cul.burma
for the full transcript of the testimony.)

Great job! Ma Khin Ohn Mar presented her testimony, a unique mix of heart
and head, before the US Senate today. We can all relate to her testimony,
as we all grew up under the highly oppressive rule of Burma's oligarchy
since 1962.

RE: Call to express your support for Senator Mitch McConnel's Bill

Please call or write to the office of Senator Mitch McConnel (R-Kentucky)
who is sponsoring the Burma  Bill, in support of this very important
initiative by a US Senator.  The introduction of the Bill was put off for
two weeks due to the unexpected  release of Daw ASSK.

Office of Senator Mitch McConnel (R-Kentucky)
 United States Senate
  Washington, D.C. 20510

(202)-224-2541

At city level, similar initiatives are being considered in Madison,
Wisconsin, and Santa Monica, California. A group of Burma activists are
working to introduce Berkeley-style selective purchasing ordinance in San
Jose, Oakland, and San Franciscon, CA.