Yunnan Contacts

In November, I will embark on field work that includes studying the
economy and trade along the Yunnan side of the Yunnan-Myanmar border.
This will be my first trip to China. I am hoping someone might have
knowledge of scholars at the University of Yunnan (Kunming) who might be
interested in meeting and perhaps assisting a U.S. geographer. Perhaps
you can suggest a reliable interpreter/guide. Addresses and telephone
numbers (if available), as well as names, would be most helpful.

I will be passing through Bangkok. Any suggestions regarding making
contacts there?

Thanks in advance.