response to Mr. Tozzi

I'm taking fire from all sides and my flanks appear to be exposed, but I
will attempt to continue in making my point because I feel that it is
important.

Once again, my point is borne out by those who would attempt to discredit
it.  Once again, what was simply intended as a warning that personal
interest has sunk its teeth into the seemingly harmonious pro-free Burma
movement was dismissed without intelligent diologue by those who feel
themselves to be holding the high moral ground.  It is truly a pity.  Mr.
O'Shannassy, please reread your letter to Dr. Ne Oo.  Look at the following
lines in particular:

"Dr. Ne Oo- what the hell are you playing at?"

"If you really have any concern at all for your fellow country men/women,
go and do some research!!!!!"

"And who the hell are you to make such derogatory comments about the
Burmese students, many of whom gave their lives in their fight against
military oppression."

I see these passages to be full of venom and lacking in rationality.  In my
oppinion, the statements you made are not of the type that promote diologe;
they are of the brand that attempts to stifle other's oppinions.  I did
not, incidently, compare you with the Nazis as you claim in your response.
I did, however, compare you with the common folk of Germany who were duped
into following the facist government by those who were able to exploit
their emotions.  As for you statement that "an attitude such as yours is
far more damaging than mis-directed emotion," I wonder if you have any
facts, or examples, or anything appearing to be an argument to back up your
point.  I cannot simply accept grandiose sweeping statments without proof.

I would like to comment on the followint passage from your response:

"i do not believe the safety of repatriated Burmese refugees will
be guaranteed. The situation of the rohingyas only proves this. The
recent arrest of Ko Ye Htut and the continued arrests of student and
political activists demonstrate that the SLORC is still serious about
brutally suppressing political and human rights. The violations of
ceasefires, porterage, forced labour etc all point to the fact that the
SLORC has no intention of relinquishing power."

Had you used this as your response to Dr. Ne Oo, I would not have written
my letter in the first place.  This passage demonstrates the reason and
logical thought that is necessary for a proper diologe, and I applaude it.

Respectfully,
Tozzi