No Subject Given

 .fr(3|0| )
Date: Fri Nov 17 01:03:59 1995
Subject: Ignored Refugees in India by UNHCR
--------
IGNORED REFUGEES COMMITTEE

To : Legal Officer
        UNHCR
        New Delhi
        India.

Subject : Requesting for prompt action

Dear Sir/Madam,
                We are requesting you not to delay in taking action regarding
of refugee status to us.

Although your office has promised the committee on 14.11.95 that 18 out of
35 of us would be provided refugee status and humanitarian assistance on
15.11.95, 2 days have passed we are yet to receive any response from you.

You have been asked you not to discriminate us on the ground of ethnic
differences. We do not want any such discrimination done to us. Chin are
indigenous people of Burma and are entitled to the refugee status.

India, one of the largest democratic country in the world, has shown their firm
and solid support to the democratic struggle of Burma by conferring our national
leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi with the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru Award for
International Understanding on 14th of this month.

UNHCR's position as to why they are not providing any assistance is absurd
and inhuman.

We again strongly request to provide us equal status and equal treatment
immediately.

We will not stop our indefinite hunger strike though it has entered third day till
our demands are fully met.

"PROVIDE US REFUGEE STATUS AND HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE
IMMEDIATELY"

Yours faithfully,

R Thla Peng
President