Toronto Burmese Group (r)

> Does anyone know if there is an organized Burmese group in Toronto?  I have
> checked the phonebook and cannot locate any group under the name of Burma or
> Myanmar.

There are several I know of.  Canadian Friends of Burma has a group active
in the Toronto region, for one.  I assume the two OPIRGs at UofToronto
and York U still have Burma (or, at least, southeast Asia) groups.
Then there's Bush Gulati's group, the name of which escapes me at the
moment.  Plus, there is a Unocal boycott group which links up the
Burmese and Lubicon struggles.

I don't have my address book handy, but I know OPIRG-Toronto's in the
phone book, and they should be able to get you all the addresses you
need.  Or just email me directly and I'll do some digging in my files.

--
Reid Cooper
OPIRG-Carleton, 326 Unicenter, 1125 Colonel By Dr., Ottawa, ON  K1S 5B6