Beyond Rangoon showing at Cornell U

Subject: Re: Beyond Rangoon showing at Cornell University

        Yesterday I was invited to speak at the Beyond Rangoon premiere at
Cornell University.  Prior to the beginning of the film, I spoke about the
1988 Uprising and the current situation in Burma.  I introduced myself as a
Burmese student and spoke of the terrible cruelty of the Burmese military
dictatorship.  I passed out flyers encouraging people to write to their
Congressman and boycott companies like Pepsi-Cola, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut,
Texaco, and other companies which still invest in the military regime.

        If Beyond Rangoon is playing at your university or in your area, I
encourage you to talk with the theater personnel and ask if you can speak
prior to the showing and/or pass out flyers.  We need everyone to know and
participate in the international embargo against the SLORC!!!  We must
continue to fight for a free Burma!!!

        Shwe Htee (8.8.88)