Unity (To all of Burmese people). (r)

Subject: RE: Unity (To all of Burmese people).
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 16:45:11

On 30 Nov 1995 15:56:40,
burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote...
>From: myoa@xxxxxxxxxx (Myo Aye)
>

>         Once upon a time there were two men. One was blind and the other
>was lame. They were walking along together one day when they came to a bad
>piece of road. It was very bumpy and there were great potholes in it. When
>the blind man realised what the road was like, he stopped.
>
>"Will you help me over this difficult bit?" he asked the lame man.
>
>"How can I?" asked the lame man. "You know I can't walk properly. My legs
>are so bad I can hardly get along myself. How can I possibly help you?"
>
>Then he thought about it for a moment. "There is something we could try,"
>he
>said. "If I climb up on your back, you can carry me. Then I can tell you
>where to put your feet as we go along. That way, we can use your legs and
>my
>eyes together."
>
>They tried it and it worked. The blind man gave the lameman a piggy back
>over the rough ground and the lame man told the blind man where to tread.
>That way they both made it across the bad stretch of road.

*
>*
>dear Ko Myo Aye,

It was very wise, and deep of you to send the above message to me.

Being a student writer (theatre, playwriting), I appreciate the power of
the message.  Being a Burmese citizen, I empathize with the characters,
well. . all in all, yours break the monotony, if not fears and certainty,
common to all Burmese in a non-Burma landscape.

What do u read in College?

Keep in touch, will ya?

     .. .and a very happy new year!

sincerely,