Response to MGG Pillai (r)

Mr. M.G.G. Pillai,

	If you know what happened in my country in 1988, you would not
ask this question.  There was no election to vote in 1988; however,
millions of burmese people nation wide demonstrated against the military
dictatorship, thousands of them lost their lives, were arrested and
being tortured to prove the point that we no longer wish to stay under
the dictatorship.

	Also, the election in 1990 was held to transfer the power to the
democraticly elected party, not to write the constitution.  NLD won the
election landslide, and SLORC which represented the military
dictatorship lost misearably.  Military government then ask NLD to write a new
constitution, not in the terms of people but in the terms of SLORC, to delay
the process of transferring the power as long as possible.

	If you are not aware of that, then BE AWARE!!!

Kyaw Kyaw
Burmese Student