economics (r)

Ms.  Hansen,
            I am very much interested in your topic and I believe it is an
 interesting one even though I am not familiar with the model that you will be
 using.  How far are you with your data collection?  Are you in touch with
these Burmese economists in Singapore?  As far as I know, these guys have the
most data on Burma (Probably more than Mya Maung from Boston College). I always
ruminate   robustness of the social and political variables,such as political
 openess, stability, property rights, etc.  Can we really draw policy
 recommandation on that since quantifying social and political parameters fail
to capture a societal phenonmenon(excuse my spelling)?  My sister and I are
 considering doing a joint research on property rights, ownership and economic

grwoth this summer.  Data colletction is always a researcher night mare in the
third world. If you happen to have data on Burma, would you consider sharing
with me?  I am busy writing a thesis on rural financing in developing countries
 and I have not had a chance to spend much time on studying and collecting data
 on Burma even though I love to.  Once in a while, I see some data on Asia Week
and some other soures but I am  a sort of skeptical on its integrity.
         I like to hear more about your reaserch as it proceeds and in the mean
 time if I get something new, I will update you.
                                                 Yours truely,
                                                         Adam Maung