free speech, PGP Monte Carlo and be

Subject: Re: free speech, PGP Monte Carlo and beyond

dear Free Burma supporters

a few days i aroused some misunderstandings, and provoked even some anger
or disgruntled opinions about some remarks. all in fairness and with the
highest regards for free speech, i returned this morning from a
MonteCarlo conference on Internet, its ethics, and potential etc (Philip
Zimmerman of PGP was there and highlighted the important need and use of
PGP by Burmese fighters in jungle camps who are sending PGP encrypted
text that otherwise if confiscated or intercepted would lead to their
torture and death of them and their families. I was very encouraged and
will post this interview and his remarks. Also Brian Moriarty spoke about
the Internet, internet comportement, usergroup opinions and censorship.
Please let me go down as saying that i seek only advanced constructive
cooperation as we all go along together on this Net ride to action and
freedom for Burma and other struggling populations.

I regret any misunderstandings my remarks may have caused and thank all
of you who contacted me directly for your response, interest and
thoughtful insights on how to better and best evolve intelligent and
constructive use of the Net to accomplish common goals.

As I may indeed, as you, disagree with some of the opinions over the net,
i do agree with your right to free speech.

I am very pleased to report to you that your freedom movement received
PGP support by one of the great libertarians of our computer internet
age, Philip Zimmerman. Do check out his new product, free on the MIT
server, PGP Phone. (Incidently, the government decided after three years
of legal indictment and harrassemnt, to drop its case against Philip
Zimmerman, last January 11)

Thank you. Metta. Free Burma!

Dawn Star