Haiku for the Greening of Mitsubish (r)

Subject: Re: Haiku for the Greening of Mitsubishi

>From: TUN MYINT <tmyint@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Haiku for the Greening of Mitsubishi
>
>On 23 Mar 1996 chayco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Sir,
>
>> You may be missing the point...........(not a personal attack)..........the
>> buyer is never the problem. If Mitsubishi is gone tomorrow ,another
>  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> will take it's place.
>
>Mister Ken:
>
>The nutshell of your brain has infected with the symptom of demoralizing
>humanity and destroying/ignoring the need for the future generation of You
>and I. This is not personal attack. I just think it is an appropriate to
>begin my reply to your message because the root of this debate is related
>to wider perspective of views on humanity and its survival. In this case
>the buyer is Mitsubishi (let's say for the sake of this discussion) and
>the seller is SLORC - NOT BURMESE PEOPLE -.  The Rainforest, the land, and
>the natural resources are under ABSOLUTE control of SLORC's gun power.
>You must be aware what kind of gang of people SLORC is.
>
>> Save the rainforest............exceptionally cute slogan but it is the
>> people living IN in the rainforest who are selling it. It is the people
>> living IN the temperate forest who are selling it. It is totally
>> irrelevant who is buying it, except YOU and I, who most probably live
>> in,eat on,sit on and sleep on tree products.
>
>I repeat the seller is group of people (SLORC) who forced people (BURMESE
>POPULACE) by gun to sell land and forest to buyer. The BUYERS ignore the
>sufferings of people who are being killed, raped, tortured when they
>refuse to obey the REAL SELLER's orders. Would you say the BUYER is
>innocent when they ignore the suffering of your countrymen, friends and
>relatives in the situation in which your government forced them to abandon
>their land and gardens in order to sell those to BUYERS?
>
>> But...............ahh, maybe I am wrong.
>> Mister Ken
>
>You definitely need to go back to high school and take some more humanity
>classes which teach common sense to cure the infection. Obviously you
>have hinted generation gap. I am 25.
>
>Tun Myint

Mr. Tun Myint,

Again, I thought I was sending a PERSONAL MESSAGE and not to you,SIr.

Possibly,  SLORC now controls the wood, but a few years ago it was being
sold to the Thais by the Karen people as well as the Shan people.Virtually
ALL people living in rural areas cut/use/sell timber if they can access
it.This is true in Asia as well as in North America.It is a
part of survival,irregardless of  whether it is personal or ethnic survival.
Of course LARGE companies access it also.My point is that many of us
individuals, of the world, have relied or rely on  timber to survive, and it is
not neccessarily the SOLE fault of the mega corporations that the forests
of the world are disappearing.

Yes, you are 25 and that does explain your singular approach.Dogma
gets harder to swallow as you get older.

Let's get back to BURMA NEWS.!!

If anyone would like to argue, please E mail direct.

                                                        Regards.............