Thank you for your information

Dear friends,

The Democratic Voice of Burma(DVB) would like to thank all of you who have
posted information on Burma on Internet(BurmaNet) or sending  directly to
us.  Your contribution  would go a long way towards broadcasting variety of
credible and reliable  information to the people inside Burma.

We may not able to participate in all the discussion that on BurmaNet, but
we have always been closely monitoring all the posts from BurmaNet users.
Though we are really grateful for the news, articles and reports that you
have posted , we feel regret about the fact that we were not able to thank
you individually.

To take this opportunity, we would like to thank all of you and give you a
few examples of news items from BurmaNet  we have used in our broadcast.

<<Burma Relief Centre Urges to Boycott Mitsubishi and Pepsi Products in Burma>>

Ken and Visakha of Burma Relief Centre in Japan who have just finished 9
days meditation at the Burmese Pagoda in Kyushu  are now gearing up for a
demonstration against Mitsubishi on coming Wednesday.

Since  boycott campaigns against Mitsubishi products have already begun in
Japan, Ken and Visakha believe that Burmese people inside the country should
also stop buying all Mitsubishi products.

Burmese expatriates around the world are organising Pepsi boycott. They said
people inside Burma also need to boycott Pepsi products such as Mountain
Dew, Mirinda, and 7 - Up.  They added that every time you buys Pepsi, you
should keep in mind that you are supporting the SLORC.

Don't lend a helping hand to Pepsi King's Tun Thein, his SLORC cronies, and
Pepsico.  Burma Relief Centre in Japan urges people inside Burma, not to
drink Pepsi but to drink traditional Burmese tea

<<Portland City Council Warning To Contractors Doing Business With Burma>>

As Burma's elected leaders have asked foreign companies doing business in
Burma to stay out of the country, the Portland citizens from the United
States, the four city council members, and the city's mayor urge to end
businesses engaged in Burma.

The Burma Action Committee said, "This letter is a great first step for the
city to take and is a clear warning to businesses that stay in Burma of the
problem they will face if they don't pull out.  They said "this city does
not want to deal with businesses that have blood on their hands."

As the Portland city council are deeply concerned with the situation in
Burma and Portland citizens have asked us to end contracting business to
companies trading with Burma, the city mayor and the four city council
members stated in their statement that "we feel obliged to consider their
concerns, and communicate them to you."

Well, these are  the examples of some of our news items that we have
broadcast .  Although we could not give you detail account of how many
people are listening to DVB, we have been informed from our sources that the
people in Kachin State , Mandalay and Rangoon are listening to DVB almost
everyday.

We are very eager  to inform the people of Burma about what people around
the world have been doing for the struggle for democracy in Burma.  We
therefore very much appreciate to receive any information about your
activities on Burma.  News tips are always welcome.   News items and
articles from newspapers and magazines from your resident country  may also
be  interesting to the people of Burma.(If it is not in English, we
appreciate if you could translate it at least briefly.) If you have just
come back from Burma, why not write to us about your experiences, news and
stories.  You can also request songs for any particular persons or people
inside Burma through DVB's Music Request Program on every Monday.

For all  information, you can either send to BurmaNet or  directly to us.
We would not accept any anonymous letters or messages.  If you do not want
your name to be broadcast , please clearly say so.

Keep up your good work!

Wishing You Happy New Year! (Year 1358)

In Solidarity,

Democratic Voice of Burma(DVB)
Oslo, Norway
E-Mail: dvb@xxxxx
Democratic Voice of Burma(DVB) has one hour air time broadcasting to Burma
everyday. It is one of the main sources of information for the people of
Burma especially for those inside the country.  For more informaton, please
write to:
DVB, P.O Box 6720, ST.Olavs Plass, 0130 Oslo, Norway.  Tel: 47-22-200021,
Tel/fax:47-22-362525.