Request from Burma Library

Dated- 3 April, 1996.
Subject: A request by The Burma Library to all interested parties

        In accordance with the decision made in the committee
meeting held in January 1996, the library committee have taken a step
by holding a weekly literary talk, commencing on 25 February, 1996,
in which everyone is free to participate and discuss any subject of his
choice in the talk. The conversations spoken in the talk were recorded
on the audio tape and were published into a booklet under the name of
Pann Sagar(Forum).
        So far, we have been able to hold the 6th weekly talk, and, out
of which five booklets have been published successfully. Due to lack of
publishing facility, we have to seek permission from the NCGUB(WB)
to use its computers for the publication. The NCGUB has willing
granted our request. Therefore, we are able to use the computers
whenever they are free. Under the circumstances, we are not able to
complete the booklet of corresponding talk within a scheduled time,
i.e., within a week after the corresponding talk.
        The cost incurred on publication has been borne by the
library. So far, no financial aid for the publication has been received
by the library. Although, in the beginning, the publication was meant
to be distributed free of cost, the financial situation has restricted us
from doing so. Therefore, in order to cover the printing cost and
postage, the library requests all the interested parties to subscribe the
publication at US $.4 (Rs. 140) per every four copies of Pann Sagar,
i.e. per month.

The librarian
Burma library.

Mailing Address