INFO. ON BURMESE BOATPEOPLE IN MALA

Subject: INFO. ON BURMESE BOATPEOPLE IN MALAYSIA

/* Written Sat 27 Apr 6:00am 1995 by DRUNOO@xxxxxxxxxxxx in igc:reg.burma */
/* -------------" Burmese Boatpeople in Malaysia "--------------- */

Recent BurmaNet posting tell us that there has been some Burmese boatpeople
rescued by the Malaysian authorities. Although it is not well-known to the
net until recently, there appears to have been continuing stream of
Burmese boatpeople heading towards Malaysia (&Singapore ?) for some time.
However, Malaysia in particular seems not vocal in addressing the displaced
Burmese problems there. Recent announcement might just be one of the distress
signals from the Malaysian authorities.

I would appreciate if anybody can follow up that news and give the
address of the relevant authorities in Malaysia which we can write to express
our gratitude for saving the lives of the Burmese boatpeople.

With best regards, U Ne Oo.