Asia Times Critique of BurmaNet

Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 09:56:03 -0700 (PDT)

It has come to our attention that the Asia Times published an editorial
attacking BurmaNet or the subscribers of reg.burma who wrote
unflattering things about Asia Times coverage of Burma.

The editorial appeared on May 6, 1996, and on the same day there was a
letter from Stephen Brookes, the reporter who wrote that Aung San Suu
Kyi had been sidelined.  Apparently, he also denounced BurmaNet.

We haven't seen the articles yet - we only heard about them.  If anyone
has access to them, could they please post the 2 articles.

Thank you.

BurmanNet Editor