BBC: Live Discussion Program with D

Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 07:45:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: BBC: Live Discussion Program with DASSK to mark election anniversary

	BBC World Service - Burmese Service
	On the 27th of May, the BBC Burmese Service will broadcast a
special live discussion programme to mark the sixth anniversary of the
General Election in Burma.
	Daw Aung San Suu Kyi (on telephone from Rangoon) will join the
former UK Ambassador to Burma, Martin Morland, and Burmese economist U
Khin Maung Kyi (at our London studios) to discuss what the next steps
towards multi-party democracy in Burma are likely to be. The programme
will also include contributions from the US Ambassador to the UN,
Madeleine Albright, and the former leader of the Liberal Party (UK), Sir
David Steel, Member of Parliament.
	Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, U Khin Maung Kyi and Ambassador Morland
will also take questions from listeners. If you would like to put
questions (in Burmese) to any of them, live, on-air, please contact the
BBC Burmese Service at:
                 e-mail: marcia.poole@xxxxxxxxx
                fax: + 44 1 171 836 9466
              telephone: + 44 1 171 257 2545
              Send us your question and telephone number and we will
contact you on the day.
	The programme will be broadcast (in Burmese), on shortwave at
1445-1545 GMT. Frequencies of 11850, 11840, 9725 and 7125 Mhz, metre
bands 25, 31 and 41. It is aimed at Burma and neighbouring countries
like Thailand, malaysia, India, etc. ---------- BBC World Service-
Burmese Section