No Subject Given

To: reg.burma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 10:20:37 +0000
Subject: Friends of Burma (India)

|||News and Views --->
**********************
*|  A | B  | S | L   *
**********************
"SLORC IS NOT ONLY CROOKED BUT UNCIVILIZED",
REMARK INDIANS : A FEEDBACK

ABSL(HQs) 3 June 1996 : "It is a foolish act that
the SLORC military junta is now trying to discredit
the effort of the people's elected NLD that is
aimed at expediting the democratization process in
Burma. I don't know who the hell gave what kind of
education to the military generals to act in such a
childish and foolish way. Probably, Chinese
expansionists are their superior and preacher of
fascism and terrorism. Khin Nyunt is now on the
verge of getting the title, the Lee Peng of Burma."

     The author was not surprised to hear such
remarks from his Indian friends like Dr. Kailash, a
member of Friends of Burma which is a philanthropic
organization comprised of Indian academicians and
social activists. These remarks happened whenever
SLORC made something serious in the country.
SLORC's massive crackdown on the peoples'
representatives of NLD and fake rallies, which are
held to counter NLD's CONGRESS by coercing the
people to participate, are responded by the Indian
friends of Burma in such a stern condemnation. Mr.
O. Joy Singh, Convenor of the Friends of
Burma(Manipur Chapter) and the President of Manipur
Peoples' Party, said "I feel that the military
generals are committing unreliable and unforgivable
crimes against its own people. It seems that they
are forgetting the fact that SLORC has no domestic
and international support to remain in power. They
put Burma under the rule of fear with the aid of
Chinese government. We know Suu Kyi as the leader
of not only Burma but the whole Asia. Now the SLORC
generals are terming her as "stooge,
destructionist,....etc.,. In fact, it is SLORC who
is the stooge of China and the sole destructionist
of the bright future of Burma which has unlimited
natural resources as well as compatible manpower.
In my eyes, I see the SLORC as a crooked and
uncivilized bunch of people".

     It is learnt that Indians are becoming more
and more sympathetic and friendly towards the
oppressed of Burma. "Burma is listed as `a friendly
neighbour' in Indian geopolitics. To whom should
we, the people of India, be friendly to? It is not
the rulers but the ruled. It is our duty to help
the oppressed people of that country have a right
to decide their own destiny. I think the United
Front Government is going to do something dutifully
as a contribution to Burma's democratization," said
Mr. Natarajan, a PhD student of Jawaharlal Nehru
University.