TOTAL's Desmarest fails to assure s (r)

Subject: Re: TOTAL's Desmarest fails to assure shareholders

>From: Nwe Aung <101564.2652@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: TOTAL's Desmarest fails to assure shareholders
>
>Dear Dawn Star,
>
>Thanks for your engaging presence and informative coverage on TOTAL's
>shareholders' meeting.
>I am of the opinion that the shareholders and Desmarest are now more aware of
>the international
>concern on TOTAL's dirty business with the Burmese military dictators.
>We will be keeping on refraining from filling at the TOTAL's gasoline stations
>worldwide.
>
>Congratulations, Dawn Star !  Keep on the noble  works for the surviving people
>of Burma.
>
>Solidarity,
>
>Nwe Aung / Germany

I would also suggest that people could go further than just refraining from
using Total's gas stations. People should get together in groups of four or
more people and demonstrate outside their local Total gas stations.

The campaign against Unocal, Texaco and ARCO started with demonstrations at
each company's annual shareholder meeting. The campaing has now grown to
include demonstrations outside gas stations all over America. At Unocal's
annual meeting, a young Burmese women gave Unocal photographs of
demonstrations that took place outside all of Unocal's gas stations in
Portland, Oregon!

Simon Billenness