What on Earth is Wrong With the Wor (r)

Subject: Re: What on Earth is Wrong With the Word "Myanmar"?

What is wrong with the "Myanmar" for the name of the country?  Plenty.  1.
  It is an adjective in the Burmese language.  It should correctly be Myanmar
Ngaing Ngan.

2.  How come we don't call Finland by the name the Fins call their own
country: Suomo?

3.  SLORC's claim that Myanmar represents all the the people (including the
ethnic peoples) is a big lie.

4.  When writing or speaking in formal Burmese language, we have always
refereed to Burma as Myanmar Ngaing Ngan or Myanmar Pyay.

5.  If Myanmar is correct grammatically as SLORC claims, then how come when
they write it in their own English language paper on in their official
decrees they call it Myanmar Ngain Ngan.

6.  If they want to call the country "Myanmar," then the language should be
"Myanmarese."  But it is not.  It is still Burmese, which is of the family of
Tibeto-Burman family of languages, not Tibeto-Myanmarese.

7.  An illegitimate junta does not have the right to change the name of the
country without due process, namely a referendum or adoption of a
constitution by referendem of the people.  Sovereignty resides in the people,
not in a bunch of thugs who have the weapons and know how to shoot them.
 They put themselves into power after shooting their way in.  The people of
Burma voted them out of office in 1990 but their guns kept them in power.