Day of Solidarity (19 June 1996)

	********* INVITATION TO ALL **********

Dear All in Netherlands!!!

We, NFB, Netherlands Friends of Burma has answered the call from the NCGUB
(Washington) day of solidarity. We will gather here in Netherlands to
join the action on (19 June 1996). You all are invited to the following
place to have a snack and soft drink. There will be a video show as well.

Address:	Roland Holstlaan 31, Delft, NL.
Telephone:	015-2569695

Please do call and inform us two days ahead if you are coming. So that we
can estimate the quantity of snack we need to prepare.
Looking forward to see you on 19 June 96.
Best regards,
NFB
The military regime in Burma has been
stepping up its repressive measures against the Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and
her party, the National League for Democracy, which won
the elections in 1990.  The recent unlawful arrest of
elected NLD representatives and other activists to
prevent the NLD from holding a conference and the
arbitrary passage of a law which threatens activists
with 5 to 20 years imprisonment and the confiscation of
their property are glaring examples of the regime's
moves to curb the democracy movement in Burma.

The only reason that the military regime has not
abolished the National League for Democracy outright and
arrested its leaders is because it fears further
international outcry which can withhold investment,
loans and aid.  The military regime waits for an
opportunity today to crack down on the democracy
movement, and it is expected to adverse reaction from
the international community.

In light of these developments, the National Coalition
Government of the Union of Burma believes that if human
rights and democracy are to be restored in Burma, it is
crucial for the International community to continually
express its iron-clad solidarity with Daw Aung San Suu
Kyi and the National League for Democracy and at the
same time to strongly condemn the ongoing repressive
moves by the military regime.

With this objective in mind, the National Coalition
Government of the Union of Burma has designated June
19,1996 as the Action Day for Burma.  The day also marks
the 51st birthday of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.

We call on Burmese communities, individuals and support
groups helping Burma, and people who wish to see justice
in Burma to hold commemorative activities on or around
June 19 to celebrate Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's 51st
birthday and to express their solidarity with the
democracy movement in Burma.
Fax: (202) 393-7343  Tel:(202) 393-7342  (202)393-4312