ABSDF Letter of Condolence

                           Letter of Condolence

We the ABSDF were deeply shocked to receive the news that Uncle
Leo had died of strokein Insein Prison. We had been sincerely concerned for his well
being since we heard the reports of his unjustified arrest, as we are well
aware of the routine maltreatment that takes place in the prisons of the
State Law and Order Restoration Council.

We believe that the charges against him resulted purely from his
unwavering support for Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, and the struggle for
democracy and human rights in Burma.  We therefore condemn the SLORC in
strongest possible terms for the blatant and brutal abuse
of power, that led to his untimely death. His loss is a tragedy for all
democracy-loving people of Burma. His dedication and sacrifice will never
be forgotten.

We would like to offer our deepest sympathy to his grieving family. Along
with the thousands of others we are praying that he will rest in peace and
happiness in heaven.

Sincerely Yours,

Moe Thee Zun
Chairman
All Burma Students Democratic Front (ABSDF)

Date: June 26, 1996