Myanmar is doing pretty good in hum

Subject: Myanmar is doing pretty good in human right issue.

/* Written  4:42 PM  Aug 29, 1996 by strider in igc:soc.cult.burma */

/* Written  2:03 AM  Aug 29, 1996 by karancha@xxxxxxx in igc:soc.cult.burma */
/* ---------- "Myanmar is doing pretty good in hum" ---------- */
Name of Country    Population       Total Prisoner   Population/Prisoner

U.S. (1994)       260,000,000         1,053,738             246

Myanmar(1994)      43,922,000            54,159             811

In United States, there are one prisoner out of every 247 people.
Since the rate of growth is so high, one prisoner out of 167 people
are expected in the year 2,000.

Among them, 2.4% of Federal and State prison inmates--were known
to be infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that
causes AIDS.

Note that there were approximately 2,871,611 people on probation,
658,601 on parole at year end 1993 in U.S. Not to mention 3000+
dead role waiting for hell.

In contrast to the United States, there is only one prisoner out
of 811 people in Myanmar. What's a freedom!

[Ref.: http://sun.soci.niu.edu/%7Ecritcrim/prisons/pris.pop
         and Statistical Abstract 1995]

Who is doing terribly wrong and who is doing right
in human right issue? I am not happy with Myanmar
statistics either at least we should beat Chinese
statistics, they have a pretty good statistics on
Population/Prisoner number because of 1.2 billion
population. Jee......One thing I am sure that no Nations
on earth can beat U.S. records. That may be the
characteristics of Human Rights.

Atleast, Myanmar is doing pretty good in human right issue.

Mr. K.