Interim statement from the ABSDF re

Subject: Interim statement from the ABSDF reu con

                    Interim statement from the ABSDF
                        reunification conference

On the 11th of September 1996, the Thailand Times newspaper
reported that, due to the Moe Thee Zun faction refusing to agree
to the voting process, there is a "deadlock" in the ABSDF
reunification conference.

The ABSDF reunification conference stats that this report is
unfounded and totally wrong. As the leaderships of both factions
had prepared well in advance for the reunification talks, the
process is proceeding smoothly. All of us have also agreed that
there will be ballot to elect the central committee that will
lead the ABSDF. Since we are making decisions for the working
programs and the strategy to enable the front to achieve success
in the democratic struggle, we are taking more time than
estimated.

The report by the Thailand Times newspapers on the 11th of
September is totally wrong and different from what is taking
place. This reunification conference was called with aim of unity
in our thoughts and the result will be one ABSDF.

We stated that very soon conference will be concluded
successfully with promise for the removal of the dictatorship and
progress of the democratic movement.

ABSDF reunification conference
Date : 12 September 1996