-No Subject- (r)

To: Winston_Lee @ shi.com @ Internet
Date: Monday  September 23, 1996 03:38 PM
Subject: RE: Seinfeld - the brush w/ Burma episode

I did see the Seinfeld episode with the part on Burma.  I was really impressed
that the show not only included Burma as one of the major power lines, but
also,
made a big deal about the name change.  Although there were only  a few lines
on
Burma, I thought they had a great impact (in terms of politics) given that the
actors actually knew Burma and questioned why the name was changed.  They sent
message to the viewers about Burma and how ridiculous the name change is.

I commend the creative writers of Seinfeld!

P.S.  The only part the show didn't do research was on Burma's
telecommunications (the telephone booth).