statement of UNDC

		   UNDC
UNITED NATIONALITIES' DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS
                (WESTERN BURMA)

STATEMENT ON THE FIFTIETH ANNIVERSARY OF
                PANGLONG AGREEMENT

        Today is fiftieth anniversary of historic signing of
Panglong agreement between the representative of Burmese
government, General Aung San and leaders of Chin, Kachin
and Shan to achieve Independence of Burma from the British
rule the essence of this agreement was to establish a future
union which was constituted with the federated states having
and experiencing democratically the rights of equal status and
privileges in unison.

        However, the future perspective and goal of "equality
within democracy" of the leaders of ethnic Nationalities and
proper Burma has gone away with the Independence of
Burma. It is so evident that ethnic nationalities are waging
armed struggle against the proper Burma regimes at the last
resolution when Democracy is no more to defend their
grievances and suppression.

        In the mean time, the situations of Burma is in
stalemate by the so call "Cease-fire without agreement" and at
the worst conditions of economic corruption.

Analyzing instuitionally the current politics of present Burma-

        We (UNDC, United Nationalities' Democratic
Congress ) gravely believe that antagonistic conflicts and
contradictions in Burma will be properly solved just by means
of establishing Burma as a Federal Union based on
Democracy, granting equal status and self-determination for
ethnic nationalities and declare our confirmed stand with
people of Burma to continue our struggle for total elimination
of Chauvinism and Dictatorship, for National Reconciliation
and establishment of a prosperous Nation by genuine Federal
system presuming as our prime national responsibilities.

United Nationalities' Democratic Congress