Why the children? (r)

Some suggesstions and corrections to the writer of "Why the Children"

You seem to be out of touch from Burma for so long!. So I would like to give you my opinion and suggestions on your article " Why the Children" to the editor.

1.Firstly it is wonderful to hear that you are a trained surgeon, well-educated, and born to save the world.

2.It is awkward, however, you missed out the most important points about Burma Politics.

3.You have repeatedly used the word " the government " refering to the SLORC. The SLORC is not the ligitimate government of Burma. It is just a group of thugs who are bullying the innocent people for their own good.

4.You have also said that the opposition wanted to make the people feel neglected. The opposition party does not need to do that. The people of Burma know about it. They have witnessed the oppression and  brutality carried out by the SLORC. In fact they have been suffering physically and mentally since 1962 military coup by the dictator.

5.I absolutely agree that the children are the future of the country. Your suggestions is very valuable and you should send this letter to SLORC's chairman Gen Than Shwe. If the SLORC cared about the future of Burma, it would have handed over the power to the winner party in 1990 election immediately. It is as simple as that. And also, as you have said that regardless of colour, religion and race, the children are children. So are the children of burmese ethnic minorities Mon,  Karen, Kachin etc. are also children just as the others. Look at the the ethnic villages along the Thai-Burma border. What the SLORC has done to them. They should not be treated like animals.

6.And you can also suggest the SLORC not to use foreign donors for their own good propaganda, and  pretending the whole world is supporting them. Stop lying through tightly controlled medias. People are sick of it.

7.The root of all the problems in Burma is the Self-appointed SLORC being in the wrong place. If it hands over the power today, you will have everything you wish in your letter tomorrow. Otherwise who knows if all donations made by foreign countries will end up in SLORC members' pockets as usual. What is the point of doing donation to Burma. The real needed people will not receive the aids anyway. You are not allowed to  raise any questions to authority in Burma. You will be labelled as a traitor and put to jail. You know, I know and every Burmese knows about the prevalent corruption and inefficiency under SLORC. If you don't, better spend some time and find it out by yourself. Good Luck.