DISNEY BURMA UPADATE

At the bottom is an article from Asia Times, titled "Disney's image at
risk over ties to Myanmar."

Disney wrote a response to Asia Times, which to my knowledge was not
published.  This response is reproduced below.  It should be noted that
Disney spokespeople are pretty good at splitting linguistic hairs, but
this is a fairly unequivocal response.
LD

Vice President
Corporate Communications
The Walt Disney Company

Feb. 11, 1997

To:  Pansak Vinyarstin, Editor in Chief
Asia Times

Dear Mr. Vinyarstin,

Nothing is more frustrating than to answer a reporter's questions and then
have him purposefully ignore them.

When Yaroslav Trofimov called regarding the Yangon, I very clearly told
him that The Walt Disney Company has no ownership position in the oil
company and just as clearly that Shamrock Holdings is in no way an
investment arm of The Walt Disney Company.

He chose to write quite the opposite, one presumes in order to advance
whatever agenda he and/or the Asia Times has regarding the Walt Disney
Company.  Regardless, it is unconsionable that a respected news journal
would choose to so blatantly disregard facts and intentionally state
fiction.

The Walt Disney Company has a policy against doing business in Myanmar.
For some reason, it served your publication's purpose to state otherwise.

Sincerely,

(signed)
John Dreyer