NLD: MEETING WITH ELECTION COMMISS

Subject: NLD:  MEETING WITH ELECTION COMMISSION (25/3/97)

[THE FOLLOWING IS TRANSLATED FROM NLD TRANSCRIPTS WRITTEN IN BURMESE.
THE LETTER IS SENT TO NLD ORGANISING COMMITTEES AT TOWNSHIPS AND
STATES/DIVISIONS LEVEL ON 25 MARCH 1997 INFORMING THEM ABOUT THE MEETING
BETWEEN THE NLD AND THE ELECTION COMMISSION.]
_________________________________________________________________________NATIONAL
LEAGUE FOR DEMOCRACY
No: (97/B), West Shwegon Dine, Bahan Township, Rangoon

Letter No: 047/Org(Organising)/97
Date:	25/03/97

To,

NLD State/Division Organising Committee
NLD Township Organising Committee

Subject:  Meeting Report on discussion between the NLD and Multi-Party
Democracy General Election Commission

1.  We are sending you the record of the meeting held between NLD
(represented by the Chairman and one of the Central Executive Committee
members) and the Election Commission (attended by the Secretary and two
members) on 10/3/97 concerning NLD affairs.

2.  You are to study the issues mentioned in this report regarding
26/4/91 Announcement and NLD signboards along with NLD Letter No.
125/Org(Organising)/97 dated 24/2/97.  Regarding the aforementioned two
issues, the Organising committees at Ward/Village level, Township level
and State/Division level are only to abide by the facts written by the
NLD.  It means Organising committees at the Ward/Village level, Township
level and State/Division level are to abide by what they have been told
to do so by the NLD (Central Body).

Chairman
National League for Democracy

Cc:	1) All the departments of NLD
	2) Central Working groups of the NLD
Meeting between the National League for Democracy and
Multi-Party Democracy General Election Commission