KHRG #97-07 Part 3 of 6 (Offensives

Subject: KHRG #97-07 Part 3 of 6 (Offensives)

		    REFUGEES FROM THE SLORC OCCUPATION

	  An Independent Report by the Karen Human Rights Group
		    May 25, 1997     /     KHRG #97-07

*** PART 3 OF 6 - SEE OTHER POSTINGS FOR OTHER PARTS OF THIS REPORT ***

[Some details omitted or replaced by 'XXXX' for Internet distribution.]

				   #D13.
NAME:    "Nyi Nyi Sein"    SEX: F    AGE: 20+        Muslim merchant
FAMILY:  Married, no children
ADDRESS: Na Kree Hta village, Dooplaya District      INTERVIEWED: 27/2/97

[This interview was conducted in the "Muslim section" of Ka Hee Pa Leh
in Thailand.  "Nyi Nyi Sein"'s uncle was killed by SLORC troops.]

Q:  So did they kill 3 people in Pa Klaw Kee?
A:  Yes.  When they were looking for their cattle, the SLORC saw them
and killed them.  They broke their legs and arms, and they took out their
eyes.  People saw my uncle after he was dead and they told me.  It
happened 4 days ago.

Q:  What was your uncle's name?