CURRENT U.S POLICY TOWARDS BURMA

The current U.S.Policy towards Burma will be as firm as ever as SLORC
is the worst human rights violator in the world.

The following is an except from the Department of State Briefing.

BURMA -- The United States remains firm in its view that that the
government in Burma "is run by military dictators" and should not be
permitted to join ASEAN, Burns said. "We will continue to try to
isolate Burma through our own economic and political policies," he
said

By
Julien Moe.