Announcement for Solidarity fast (M

Subject: Announcement for Solidarity fast (Melbourne, Australia)

		Announcement for Solidarity Fast
		********************************

Last night the group of Uniting Church people who meet about
Burma decided to hold an event in solidarity with the students
on a hunger strike over Burma's admission into ASEAN.

This coming Wednesday, 30th July, we will fast from sunrise to
sunset. The beginning of the fast will be marked by prayers for Burma in
the city square in Melbourne at 7am. From there we will walk to the
Thai consulate for some more prayers and then disperse.
During the day participants will pray for Burma whereever they are at
morning tea time, lunchtime and afternoon tea time.
At 5:30pm will we regather for prayers in the city square and then go on
to another venue (probably the Uniting Church Office 130 Little Collins
Street) to break the fast with a meal. Anyone wishing to join us would be
most welcome.

                       Wednesday 30th July

                       Fast in Solidarity with
                        Thai Burmese students
                 over Burma's admission into ASEAN

                         7am City Square

                         Personal prayers:
              Morning tea time, Lunchtime, Afternoon tea time

                        5:30pm City Square

                    6pm Break the fast together
                      (venue to be confirmed)

        If you can't come either in the morning or the evening
       you can still participate by praying throughout the day.

	(A group of Uniting Church)

	News and Information Dept.
	All Burma Students' Democratic Organisation (ABSDO) [Australia]
	Tel/fax: 61+03+98132613