MESSAGE TO PRESIDENT OF INDIA

Today  25th July 1997,  Mr.K.R Narayanan was elected as the
thirteenth president of India. He belong to Kerala State of
India.   He was  ambassador to  Burma.  He  was Minister of
Industry and Education in past years.  He was marriage with
Daw  Tint Tint who is a  Burmese Nationality and lecture of
Rangoon  University.  He was served as president of Friends
of  Democracy in  Burma which  formed after  1988 in exile.

After  elected as  Vice President  of India,   according to
India  Constitution he had left his posture from Friends of
Democracy  in Burma.  He is a supporter and lover of peace,
justice and human rights.

Mr.  Kyaw Than, Vice President of All Burma Students League
North-Eastern  Based,   give  a heartfelt  message  to Shri
Narayanan, President of India, as follow;

Shir K.R.Narayanan,
His Excellency the President of India,
Rashtrapati Bhavan,
New Delhi.

Your Excellency Sir,

We  heartily  congratulate  you  for  assuming  the highest
office  of the President  of Indian on  this day,  the 25th
July   1997.   You  have  distinguished  yourself  by  your
scholarship, leadership and your great contribution for the
preservation of peace, harmony, democracy and human rights,
not   only  in   India  but   also  in   the  whole  world.

Sir, we are a group of Burmese refugee students residing in
different  parts  of  Northeast India  with  the  moral and
material  support of  the native  people here.   We are not
getting  any governmental,   U.N,  NGO or  any other formal
support from any quarters.

We  are sure,  you Excellency,  that you will use your good
offices  to  support for  our cause  of peace  and justice,
democracy,  human rights and national reconciliation in our
country  not  only  within  India  but  from  outside also.

Once again, we express our heartfelt congratulation to
you.

With highest regards,

Your fraternally

Kyaw Than
Vice President
All Burma Students League.

    News and Information Bureau, All Burma Students League

************************( End )****************************

    |  A  B  S  L                         |
    |  All Burma Students League          |
    |  3, Krishna Menon Marg              |