*** Some details omitted or replaced by 'XXXX' for Internet distribution.
***

__
                                   #7.
NAME:    "Maung Kyaw"      SEX: M    AGE: 27        Karen Buddhist farmer
FAMILY:  Single
ADDRESS: T'Nay Cha village, Kawkareik Township      INTERVIEWED: 5/97

[T'Nay Cha is the Sgaw Karen name for his village, which is known as Ler
Pu in Pwo Karen and Nabu in Burmese.  This large village is south and
west of the relocation area, in territory more strongly held by SLORC.
"Maung Kyaw" was interviewed just after arriving in Thailand as a
refugee.]

Q:  How many days ago did you arrive here?